Tekintse meg eladó, saját kezűleg restaurált autóinkat és motorjainkat az E-Bay honlapján.
Látogasson meg minket az EBay-en!
Restaurált autóinkat és motorjainkat megtekinthetik a www.használtauto.hu honlapon is.
RetroMotors a Hasznaltauto.hu honlapján
Kérdése van? Szívesen megosztaná nézeteit, tapasztalatait? Látogassa meg fórumunkat.
Mondja el véleményét a fórumunkon!
Please allow us to start with a statement that says: „all old-timer motorcycles do worth to be restored in some way or other”. The reason behind is that old-timers are remembrances of old times, are carrying the sytlemarks of the past era, and by saving such vehicles, we are making monuments for the present and future generations. There is a very important fact to consider as well, namely that possessing an old-timer is a nice investment, considering that above certain age, the value of such a vehicle is more and more increasing. Most of the time, an old motorbike is sentimentally linked to a person, an era or just to an event and therefore, its goodwill value is not to be undervalued either.
Description of Restoration
Activities done by a professional that includes the followings regarding an old-timer vehicle:
- condition determination
- damage report
- contition conservation
- damage repairing
- documentation of repairing stages and results
Aim of Restoration
The principal goal of restoration of an old-timer is to recondition and conserve its original trim and to maintain its patina. During the process, repairing and restoration are done without considerable changes or alterations to the original make. However, a few, minor modifications are allowed when performing the job, as follows:
- cleaning and polishing
- surface treatment
“Golden Rules” of Restoration
- Saving of original parts, avoiding of radical changes or unnecessary amendments
- Paying attention to traces of aging and deterioration
- If not necessary to remove, old parts and paint are to be kept in original condition
- Traces of original factory work are to be protected
- Even factory defects are to be saved and conserved to have the maximum authenticity
- Obvious defects, faults and missing parts are to be repaired, restored and replaced only
- Labels, plates and original markings are to be strictly kept unharmed
- The motorcycle itself is an industry-historic art relic
- Application of original materials and processes are highly recommended. If it is not possible, superior quality parts and materials have to be applied.
- Proper documentation of the restoration process is a must. It is good for recording the condition of the vehicle before and after restoration and as well as to enlist the materials removed and applied during the process.
Principal Steps of Restoration:
- Cleaning and polishing
- Conservation of old materials
- Completions and replacements
- Strengthening mechanical fastenings
- Sanding, brushing, painting and applying protective cover
- Preparation of detailed documentation and records
The most important difference betwen restoration and refurbishing is that the goal of renewing a motorbike is – most of the time – to make it reliable for week-end rides or even for every-day-use. It hat case, it is very important to decide whether certain old parts have to be kept or rather replaced, such as old metal – sometimes rusty – parts, rubber and plastic parts. It is up to the owner to decide and subject to proposals of the professional mechanic in charge of the whole refurbishing project.